This is the second in our advice series on preparing your home for a speedy sale. In this issue we also look at things to consider during viewings.
When it comes to property sales in Cheshire, South Manchester or the High Peak we have many years’ experience assisting homeowners to achieve a speedy property sale.
We have developed some golden rules that are certainly worth remembering when it comes to selling and presenting your home for a speedy property sale.
Top tips 6 to 10:
6. Curb appeal: First impressions count. Try to ensure that the front of your home looks as inviting as possible. If you have a front garden ensure it is weed free! If you don’t then consider some planters to add colour and greenery.
7. Do that DIY: Tending to those small tasks now can save big money in the long run. Whether it’s a tile that needs replacing, or a leaky tap that needs mending, remember that buyers are always on the look-out for problems. Try to make sure that potential buyers have nothing to worry about.
8. Make it look pretty: Make sure the windows are properly dressed with blinds or curtains as naked windows make a place feel impersonal and run down. A carefully placed vase of flowers brings colour and life to a room and can also smell delicious.
And during the viewing…
9. Don’t hover: If you are conducting the viewing yourself, being on hand in case a viewer would like to ask a question is a great idea, but try to keep your distance so that viewers don’t feel hurried or pressured.
If the viewing is being conducted by the estate agent then let them get on with it.
10. Pets: As much as we love our furry friends some prospective buyers may not! Try to make arrangements for a friend or neighbour to look after them until the viewing is over.